Many people wondered about and coveted the business model of Uber. But only a handful had both the managerial and the technical skills to start an Uber-like business.
But the resources now are in abundance. All you have to do is take the right steps to be one of the successful Uber-like taxi business owners.
In this blog, you’ll get to know how to efficiently create an app like Uber for your on-demand business, the tech stack used, and most importantly, the cost of development.
Let’s jump in to know more!
What is an Uber-like app?
Uber is one of the most successful business models in the world. This model interested many entrepreneurs who wanted it for themselves and their businesses. That’s how creating an app like Uber became such a rave.
An Uber-like app is where the owner of the on-demand marketplace connects two people under one roof - (the taxi drivers and the people who are in need of taxi on-demand)
The industrial performance of Uber-like apps now and in the future:
The revenue of the US ride-hailing taxi app industry is $5.1 billion in 2020 and there are more than 100 million users of taxi apps all over the US.
The market is not yet saturated and people are fond of hailing rides with user-friendly apps and top-notch service.
There is an expected 17.4% of CAGR in the year 2024 in spite of the pandemic situation all over the world.
Advantages of developing an Uber-like app for your on-demand business:
These are some of the advantages of having an app like Uber for your on-demand business. These advantages answer your question, “Why should I invest in an Uber-like app?”
- The categories of vehicles are very visual and it helps the riders to choose without hassle.
- The uber-like app connects end-users and service providers under one roof, which means the end-users will get more benefits at a lesser cost.
- It is convenient for the admin of the platform (YOU) to manage the business operations with one simple to use dashboard.
- The end-users don’t have to wait for an eternity to get a taxi for their daily commute or in critical conditions. The app operates 24/7 and can be used anywhere, anytime.
- Automating the business process is one of the crucial steps to scale your business.
Read to learn 7 important lessons for your on-demand business from Uber!
How to create an Uber-like app? [A step-by-step guide]
We all love a step-by-step guide to a process, right? Here you go!
Step 1: Business & revenue model
An aggregator business model connects people and service providers under one platform to satisfy their needs for products or services.
You (as an admin) will manage the entire business operations using the on-demand platform.
The best profit earning system to follow in your Uber-like business is the commission-based revenue model.
The commission is collected from the rider and is transferred to the admin of the platform. Once the day ends, the earnings are distributed automatically to the drivers.
If at all the admins choose to hold the driver’s earnings - they can do it manually, using the admin dashboard.
Step 2: Figuring out the features of the Uber-like app
Having the most up-to-date features and functionality in your Uber-like app might be quite beneficial to your on-demand business!
This is the list of features to consider during an Uber-like app development process.
Features for the rider:
- One-step registration
- Vehicle categories
- Fare estimation
- Wallet option
- Live tracking
- In-app chat
- Schedule a ride
- Precautionary notification
- Multiple stops
Features for the driver:
- View the status of the trip
- Updating the driver’s status
- Receiving earnings
- Push notifications
- Dynamic routing facility
- Cancellation reasons
Features for the admin panel:
- Booking management
- Automatic earnings distribution
- Notification management
- Rider & Driver management
Step 3: Choosing the right tech stack for Uber-like app development
Choosing the right tech stack is a crucial part while entering into the app-based business model.
We suggest Flutter, a cross-platform software development kit that’ll help you;
- To reduce the development and testing time since it works on a single code base.
- The hot reload feature helps the developers to simultaneously fix the bugs and test them.
- The look and feel of the app are much superior to the Native technology.
- There are regular updates on Flutter given by Google, which helps the development team to constantly improve the app performance.
Step 4: Cost of developing the Uber-like app
The cost of development depends on the features and technology on which you want to build your Uber-like app.
Usually, some software development companies develop their apps from scratch, a high labor-intensive and time-consuming process using native technology. Which takes up to 5 to 7+ months and $40/ hour on the development process and design.
But on the other hand, there are companies that have ready-made solutions that are 100% customizable and scalable, built using the latest technologies in the market.
Get to know our ready-made on-demand app solution, Wooberly built using Flutter, a cross-platform technology.
Wooberly is the ready-to-launch solution and our cost of development includes the white-labeling charges (re-branding) as well.
If you choose to add a few new features or customize the readymade product to your need, we charge $25 per hour [as per July 2021].
Schedule a FREE demo to get a glimpse of our product!
Also, we offer free server installation and mobile app submission (both the Play Store and the App Store)
What a developer must know when it comes to building an Uber-like app?
These are the list of things that a developer should know and concentrate on while building an app for their customers.
- The platform has to be convenient to use and the admin must feel comfortable managing their business operations via a simple-to-use dashboard.
- The features and functionalities of the platform must be on-trend and should induce a user-friendly experience.
- Using the latest technology to create an Uber-like app ensures that the platform is futuristic & flexible.
- The code must be easy to understand and clean.
What an entrepreneur must look into for choosing the developing team?
These are some points that an entrepreneur must look forward to when choosing the right development team to build your app like Uber.
- The team must prioritize quality over anything else when it comes to the app.
- Read the testimonial and get a hands-on feel of their product before having a meeting with them.
- The development team must provide you with constant updates during the app development process.
- The team must extend their technical support during the launch of the app or any issues with the app functionalities.
- Check whether the development team uses the on-trend tech stack to develop their apps.
- Lastly, look for the pricing plans and whether their costing fits your budget.
20+ Best business ideas for Uber-like apps in the market:
I know you could get enough of the information from above. It’s only fair that we give some enthusiastic business ideas!
- Uber for courier
- On-demand handyman app services
- Uber for laundry app
- Bike taxi app
- On-demand tutoring app
- Uber for snow removal app
- On-demand plumbers app
- On-demand taxi-hailing app
- Uber for maids app
- Uber-like app for ambulance service
- On-demand logistics services
- Uber for tow truck services
- On-demand beauty salon app
- On-demand limousine services
- On-demand packers and movers app
- On-demand lawn mower services app
- On-demand car wash services app
- On-demand Elderly care services
- On-demand home services app
- On-demand babysitting services app
- Dog walking app like Uber
- Personal assistant app like Uber
Creating an Uber-like app is the best decision you’ll ever make for your business. People demand according to the changing circumstances and to show our entrepreneurial flair, we should be adopting to their needs and preferences.
1. What is the best tech stack to use to develop my taxi app?
Flutter is the best technology in the market that you can use to create your Uber-like app at a reasonable price and faster time to market.
2. What is the difference between ready-made solutions and developing an app from scratch?
- The technology used to build the app differs from a ready-made solution and a scratch solution.
- The pre, during and post-sales services differ in both.
- The development time is far less in ready-made solutions than developing a solution from scratch.
- The cost of development is far more economical in ready-made solutions.
3. How to contact you to talk about your Uber-like solution?