How to create an Uber-like app for ambulances [+ the best solution]
Interested in creating an Uber-like app for ambulance services? Then, this post is right for you.
In recent years, the on-demand industry has exploded 📈 in popularity, and it has emerged as the most inspiring business venture for young entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs are coming up with new business ideas considering the business model of Uber.
Have any plans to develop an Uber-like app for ambulance service? If that’s the case, it’s a fantastic idea for you to get started.
In this post, we’ll show you what to consider while creating an app for ambulance service business.
What is an Uber-like app for ambulances?
Uber-like medical emergencies app allows users to book emergency vehicles anytime, anywhere.
How could it be a business opportunity?
Let me explain why creating an app-based ambulance service is an excellent idea for social entrepreneurs,
- You can assist more people via an app
- You can manage your business from anywhere
- Potential to scale globally
- People are expecting instant medical services. If you offer ambulance service via an app, it’ll be more convenient for them.
Workflow of online ambulance booking app
- Customers register on the app using their mobile number and email address.
- In an emergency, they can look for a nearby ambulance service provider and send the booking request.
- The app connects the service provider with the customer once the service provider accepts the request.
- The service provider will pick up the customer from their location and drop them off at the mentioned hospital.
- Customers can pay for the service using multiple payment methods available.
- Based on their service experience, both the customer and the service provider can rate and review.
How to create an app like Uber for ambulance service?
You need to be sure about the following things before creating an app for ambulance services.
- Number of apps needed
- Features of the app
- Technology on which the app should be created
- Cost of development
1. Number of apps needed
For your business to work properly, you’ll need two set of applications as mentioned below,
1. Customer app
2. Service provider app
2. Features to be included
- Service status: Customers can track their services in real time, from request to service completion.
- Real-time tracking: Customers can view the service provider’s estimated arrival time and track their status.
- Multiple payment gateways: Customers can pay for the service effortlessly with the help of various payment options available.
- Service scheduling: Customers can schedule their services for a specific time or day as per their preferences.
Service provider app
- Dynamic routing: Allows the service providers to know the shortest route to the customers exact location.
- Service provider availability:A service provider’s availability status can be switched between online and offline by using a toggle button.
- Reviews and ratings: The service provider has the ability to rate and review their experiences with a particular customer.
- Admin dashboard: Admin has a powerful dashboard that allows them to view and manage both service providers and customers, including all relevant information such as total earnings and so on.
- Bookings management: Admin can keep track of all bookings made on their platform, including service status (completed or cancelled), customer and service provider information, and so on.
- Auto payout: Once the service is done, the auto payout option transfers the payout to the appropriate service provider. If there are any complaints filed against the service provider, the payment will be held by the admin.
Choosing the right technology is the most important part of creating an app-based ambulance service like Uber.
For your app to be flexible, scalable, and cost-efficient, I’d suggest you pick Flutter.
What exactly is Flutter?
Flutter is an open-source UI software development kit to create cross-platform apps for both Android and iOS using a single codebase.
What are the advantages of Flutter?
- Saves time and money by using a single code base for both Android and iOS.
- Flutter offers a hot reload feature that allows the developers to see changes in real-time.
- Flutter uses Material Design (Android) and Cupertino widgets (iOS) that assist in creating a stunning UI and also provides a better user experience.
- Because of the single codebase, testing is easier and faster.
4. Cost of creating an Uber like app for medical emergency vehicles
The cost of developing an Uber like app for ambulances is determined by factors like features, tech stack, number of developers, man hours and so on.
You have two options to build your app:
- Creating an app from scratch.
- Employing a ready-made solution.
Building an app from scratch takes more time and money compared to the readymade solution. If you want to build an app using a ready-made solution, then consider Wooberly.
What is Wooberly?
Wooberly - Uber clone is a customizable on-demand solution that allows entrepreneurs to create their own app for medical emergencies with all the top-notch features, functionalities, and cutting-edge technology.
Why choose Wooberly over other readymade solutions?
- Complete source code will be provided.
- It offers all the necessary features and functionalities.
- Developed with cutting-edge technology like Flutter.
- Affordable and scalable.
I hope you’ve had all of the essential information before creating your Uber-like app for medical emergencies. So, if you’re a business owner interested in building your own app, now is the time to get started.
You can reach out to us via Email or WhatsApp for more information.
Or you can visit our product page to get a free demo with one of our tech specialists.
Other Uber for X business resources you might like:
✳️ The Ultimate guide to develop an Uber for snow removal app
✳️ The Complete Guide to Starting a Uber for X Services 
✳️ A guide to build an Uber for courier app using Flutter technology