The first thing that comes to an entrepreneur’s mind when they hear the term on-demand business is Uber, as it was a game-changer in the tech industry.
A lot of aspiring entrepreneurs are coming up with Uber for X startup ideas. One such promising startup idea we would like to talk about in this blog is Uber for Courier business.
The Uber for Courier is an on-demand courier service app that allows Shippers to hire a driver to deliver a courier or a parcel to people who reside in the local city.
In this blog, you will find how to build an Uber for Courier App and why we prefer Flutter technology to develop an Uber clone app.
So, let’s get into it.
The first thing to do before starting any business is to perform complete market research. Doing comprehensive market research and having a clear business plan would help in understanding the target Shippers and how big the market is. There are many ways to collect information on the current market.
You can study by going through surveys, interviewing people from all walks of the industry, attending focus groups, and, most importantly, observing Shippers.
See your locality and interview to know about your business idea – Uber for Courier app. Look at the current companies that deliver packages within the local town. Analyze how your business can capture a unique market.
By gathering insights, it will be easy to make sound business decisions.
Designing the courier app like Uber
Before we talk about designing the courier app like Uber, let’s look at the internal process of the app.
In the courier app, there would be two types of users on the platform.
Let’s see the general workflow of the shippers app.
- Shippers enter the package pick-up and drop location on the app.
- The app fetches the drivers within the particular radius.
- The Shippers select a vehicle suiting to the package they want to deliver and book it.
- They get connected to the driver.
- The driver comes to the pick-up location, collects the courier from the shippers, and transports the courier to give it to the person at the drop location.
- The shippers pay for the delivery.
The general workflow of the driver’s app
- The driver changes the status to online.
- Get a request from the shippers.
- Accept the booking request from shippers.
- Pick-ups courier from the shipper’s pick up location and delivers to the person at the designated drop location.
- Receives his share of payment.
According to this workflow, let’s conclude the user goals.
The User goals
The shippers who use the platform to transport packages and couriers within the local community.
- It helps business people who want to deliver a package from their office to another place within the town.
- It also helps older people who need a hand in shifting and moving.
- It can be useful for people who want to send a surprise gift to their loved ones.
- Sometimes people rent delivery people to transport packed boxes instead of calling packers and movers.
The key features to be included in the courier delivery app
While building the courier delivery app, these are the key features that make the app to function effectively.
In shippers app
Multiple vehicle options
Give Shippers multiple vehicle options to choose their desired one for transporting the courier safely to the destination.
The platform estimates the fare based upon the number of miles, chosen vehicle, and the type of courier to transport. This estimation allows Shippers to choose their mode of transport.
The Shippers can track the status of the courier until it gets delivered to the person on the destination.
Multiple payment options
The Shippers can pay the ride using the wallet, credit, or debit card. They can choose their default payment from the list of many options.
The Shippers can call the Driver using the in-call option present on the platform to explain their whereabouts.
Ratings and reviews
Shippers can rate the service and review them depending upon the condition of the package arrived at the destination.
Shippers can get live updates regarding the status of the booking and package delivery. They also get notifications regarding new offers and promo codes.
In Drivers app
The Driver can add multiple payment methods to receive their share of fare after delivering the courier.
The Driver can switch online or offline at a click of a button. When the Driver is out to deliver the courier, they are online and go offline when they need a break.
Drivers receive push-up notifications when they get a request from shippers and when they receive their share of payment.
The Driver can call the Shippers using the in-call option to know their exact location to pick up the courier.
The driver app provides the shortest route to the drop location when the Driver gets confused in deciding the route.
Google map navigation
The Google Map navigation guides the Driver to take the right direction to the pick-up location.
The Driver can see their total earnings and their weekly earnings in the app.
Choosing the tech stack
When we look at courier delivery app development, we happen to have two options. One is the native mobile app development, and the other is the hybrid or cross mobile app development.
The native app development is the traditional method of building any apps. But the cross-platform mobile app development gives more benefits to entrepreneurs. The code is developed once that works in all platforms. Also, the development cost is much lesser compared to native mobile app development.
There are many popular tools you can prefer, such as Ionic, React, Xamarin, for courier delivery app development. But the recently launched Flutter is creating a lot of buzz among the developer community.
The Flutter gives the advantage of,
- Developing a UI rich interface from a library full of widgets.
- The Hot reload feature in Flutter increases the development process and, in turn, increases the time-to-market speed.
- Flutter compiles the source code fastly compared to other tools.
- Even though it is a newly released technology, companies like eBay, Groupon, and Alibaba are developing apps using Flutter.
Flutter can be the right choice for your courier delivery app development,
- When developing a courier app like Uber, the user interface is very crucial for both Shippers and Driver for booking and accepting the request. Flutter makes it easy for developers to design animations and visually appealing UI interfaces.
- It also takes less testing time as the whole source code developed from a single codebase.
- It also is the right choice to develop an MVP product to test your business idea with the targeted customers.
Readymade on-demand courier delivery scripts
Instead of building an on-demand courier app from scratch, you can customize the readymade on-demand software provided by web & mobile app development companies like us to your business requirements.
Wooberly is a ready-made on-demand platform that can establish any kind of on-demand business within a short time.
The script performance is faster and scalable.
- The user interface design is simple and visually pleasing.
- It comes with an elegant dashboard for owners to manage their business.
- Cost-effective compared to developing an app from scratch.
Wooberly is apt for courier delivery app development.
It’s time to wrap up
Building a platform that is relatable to your target audience takes effort and undergoes changes with new customer needs and changes in market demand.
In today’s world, where any service can be booked online, the on-demand courier app creates various business opportunities in the market.
Though it will be challenging at first to bring the Drivers and Shippers on board, it can benefit small businesses in the local area to reach more Shippers.
To know more about Wooberly and for courier service app development, send us a message at email@example.com
We are also available on WhatsApp and Skype: radicalstart