The on-demand economy has been a huge success in recent times because of its accessibility, ease of use, etc. It replaced the traditional way of doing business.
Many entrepreneurs and small business owners are adapting to the change. For example, restaurants have started offering online food delivery services realizing the need for it.
Before diving on to the statistics on the future of the on-demand economy, let’s discuss some of the best on-demand apps that we love using in our day to day life,
5 Best On-demand service apps:
- Uber (The pioneer)
These are some of the best apps that are fueling the growth of the on-demand mobile app economy. With that said, let’s get on to the interesting facts and statistics about the on-demand economy.
On-demand mobile app economy statistics and facts 2021:
- The On-demand app economy is expected to reach a market value of $335Billion by the year 2025.
- 49% of on-demand consumers are Millennials
- The video-on-demand app revenue is expected to reach a projected market volume of US$95,976m by 2025. (Statista)
- 82% of Americans use Netflix, an on-demand video streaming app.
- In a minute 404,444 hours of video is streamed on Netflix. (Visual Capitalist)
Food on-demand statistics:
- The on-demand food delivery is projected to reach the market volume of US$182,327m by 2024. (Statista)
- Platform-to-Consumer Delivery will be the highest-grossing food delivery sector.
- China will be the most revenue-generating country in terms of global food delivery comparison. (Statista)
Ride-sharing market statistics:
- The ride-sharing app market would reach a market size of USD 218.0 billion by 2025 (Marketsandmarkets)
- New York was the most expensive city in the United States for ridesharing (Statista)
- Uber’s market share in the US is 69%.
- Uber operates in 65 countries around the world.
On-demand grocery delivery statistics:
1. Online Grocery Shopping is expected to surpass the 20 billion threshold by 2023 (Statista)
2. 45 percent of Millennials are online grocery shoppers. (Statista)
On-demand learning statistics:
1. In a recent survey of 1400 educators, the vast majority of them said On-demand and personalized learning will be the future. (Visual Capitalist)
2. The on-demand learning apps would make 243.8 million US dollars in 2022. (Statista)
3. BYJU’s an ed-tech company generated $370 million in the year ending March 2020 (Businessinsider)
4. The US e-learning market could grow by $12.81 billion between 2020 and 2024. (Source: Market Research)
On-demand logistics statistics:
1. The market revenue of on-demand logistics is expected to rise to $75.0 billion by 2030. (GlobeNewswire)
2. $15.05bn parcels are distributed worldwide using on-demand logistics. (Statista)
Doctor on-demand statistics:
1. 77% of people book medical appointments online. (Digital Authority)
2. 79% of patients prefer telemedicine to in-person visits. (Fshealth)
3. The on-demand healthcare usage in the US has been increased from 11% in 2019 to 49% in 2020 due to the impact of COVID19. (Mckinsey)
On-demand home services statistics:
1. The On-demand home services sector currently accounts for $600 billion. (New York Times)
2. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 49% by 2021.
Future of on-demand mobile apps – 2021 and beyond.
1. Due to the increase in the use of mobile phones and the busy lifestyle, the home service market would become one of the prominent on-demand service sectors.
2. People have slowly started leaning towards video-on-demand services due to the comfort, availability, wide variety of content, etc. Also, the projected market volume of the industry is expected to reach US$95,976m by 2025. There will be a huge demand for video-on-demand services in the future.
3. 79% of patients prefer telemedicine over in-person visits. And this trend will continue to climb further due to its accessibility, cost, and convenience.
4. As per the recent reports on inc42, the global self-driving cars market is expected to exceed $65.3 Bn by 2027. The next iteration of the on-demand ride-hailing business will be bike and e-scooter rentals.
We’ve seen some amazing statistics and facts about the on-demand mobile app economy. But how can we create an on-demand services app? Let’s unfold the mystery in the next two sections.
How On-demand apps work?
Here’s how the on-demand services app works,
- Place the order/service request
- The app sends the request to the nearby service providers.
- The service provider accepts the request.
- The user then makes the payment.
- Gets the service delivered.
How to build an on-demand services app?
Here are the 5 simple in steps in creating your own on-demand app,
- Gather requirements
- List out the features to be included
- Choose the technology
- Design the application
- Develop by yourself or find the best company
- Quality test and Launch
1. Gather requirements:
You have an idea of creating an on-demand application for your company but in order to realize your dream, you have to gather the requirements.
Without clear requirements analysis, you can’t get on to deciding the features and functionalities to be included in the application.
2. List out the features to be included
The next step is to have a clear understanding of the features that need to be included in the application. With the requirements in mind, make sure you select the appropriate features to make your app function efficiently.
3. Choose the technology
Choosing the right tech stack for your on-demand service app will benefit you in the long run. The on-demand service app has three main platforms,
- The platform for services providers
- The platform for admins to manage
- An app for users.
The technology may vary depending on the platform you choose. And you have to do your research before selecting one.
4. Design the application
It’s time for the designers to kick in. After completing all the above steps in creating your platform, you have to design the overall process and UI of your on-demand application. Design the application
It’s time for the designers to kick in. After completing all the above steps in creating your platform, you have to design the overall process and UI of your on-demand application.
5. Develop by yourself or find the best company
Finally, your dream on-demand application is about to get its life. You can either create your application by yourself or you can hire the best on-demand app development company to create your app.
Some tips in choosing the best app development company,
- Check the company’s reputation
- Verify their coding standards
- Go through their portfolio
- Check out their pricing plans
- Have a chat with them to know them better
6. Quality test and Launch
Testing is the final product for quality is one of the most important parts of any app development process.
Once the product clears the quality check, it is ready to be launched into the market.
A great opportunity to build your on-demand app quickly
Here’s another simple way of creating your on-demand service app. You can buy a readymade on-demand app like Wooberly with all the necessary features and functionalities and customize it.
The advantages of using a readily available on-demand app like Wooberly are,
- You don’t have to worry about the development cost and time
- You can sit back and proceed with other business works like marketing.
- You can get all your questions answered with the respective tech experts.
- They can take care of your development process from requirements gathering to the launch of your final product.
I hope you got a clear view of the growth and development of on-demand services. And it’s your time to take that first step in creating your dream on-demand application.
Fill out the form below and we’ve our team to be in touch with you shortly.
Ready to build your on-demand app?
Let’s have a conversation and discuss further your startup idea.
We are ready to clarify all your doubts and excited to hear new ideas.