The success of the bike taxi app development depends solely upon the way it solves the user’s problem and how simple the user-interface is.
To develop a bike taxi app that resonates with your target audience, you need to identify the right features and determine the right design for your bike taxi app.
In this blog, we talk about the process involved in developing a bike taxi app and the core features required for your app to function efficiently.
How does the bike taxi app work?
- The rider enters the pick-up and drop location and request for a ride.
- The rider’s request is sent to all the drivers near their current location.
- The driver accepts the request and receives the ride details
- The Driver picks up the Rider and drop off on their destined location.
- The Rider makes the payment either by cash or payment gateways.
- The Rider rates the experience with the Driver.
→ Create your dream bike taxi app with us!
The phases of bike taxi app development
Let me explain each phase in detail to develop a bike taxi app.
Step 1: Understand the customer’s problem
Solving the target user’s problem through the app will reach more users.
As Uber for bike’s business model is similar to that of other Uber for x services. You take the idea of the uber business model and add your own ideas that make your platform unique and conforms to your vision. It can be enhancing your UX by including new components, adding more payment options, or more FAQs to help users.
Step 2: Determine the right features and technology for your bike taxi app
After researching the customer’s pain points, you can choose the important features you want to incorporate on your mobile app.
The process of bike taxi app development starts from planning the features to be added to the beta version and choosing the technology to build the app.
The beta version of the bike taxi app comes with the Rider app, driver app, and an admin panel for the business owners to oversee all the booking operations.
In the rider’s app, the priority features are:
- Sign-up and login options
- Pick-up and drop location to book a ride
- Display available drivers nearby
- Fare estimation along with the breakdown
- Payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal
- Review system
In the driver’s app, the priority features are:
- Signup and login options
- Accept/decline the ride request
- Navigation system
- Payout methods
- Review system
When it comes to bike taxi app development, you can either prefer native or cross-platform mobile app development. But cross-platform development presents more benefits compared to native app development. It saves development time and cost to the entrepreneurs.
The right technology for entrepreneurs is Flutter. It is released by Google to build attractive mobile apps at a faster pace. Flutter helps develop the application faster, and you can build Android and iOS apps from a single codebase.
Step 3: Sprint planning & Developing
For developing the ‘Uber for bikes’ app, consider agile methodology as there would be constant feedback and iteration to develop the product relating to the target audience.
Sprints get developed according to the requirements. Each task in the sprint contains briefed information on how to be developed. Tasks get assigned to respective developers, and the progress has been examined.
To develop the ‘Uber for bikes’ app, you can also prefer readymade and a customizable on-demand platform like Wooberly, to launch your app quickly into the market.
Wooberly has all the core features with an impressive UI design and effective performance. You get the whole script and then you customize based on your business requirements.
Step 4: Testing
After the development, the quality assurance team tests the performance, usability, functionality, and user interface of the app.
Doing different testing techniques can reveal bugs that are usually missed out. The sooner you spot bugs and glitches, the better you can build the app.
You can also do both manual and automated testing to check the performance of the app. Manual testing takes time and possible for human errors. Whereas, automation testing is scripted and run by the computer or testing tool.
Step 5: Get ready to launch
Now your bike taxi app is ready to be launched on the AppStore and PlayStore
In case, your app gets rejected on the PlayStore or AppStore, you don’t have to lose hope. You can fix the issues and re-launch successfully in the next round.
Core features that are necessary for the bike taxi app
In Rider’s app
- Fare-estimate and breakdown – Riders get the fare estimate for a given ride according to the pick-up and drop location. Along with the estimation, Rider gets the details of the fare breakdown for a ride.
- Payment options – Riders can pay for the ride using cash, wallet, and credit/debit card.
- Multiple currency options – Riders can choose their preferred currency for payment.
- Ratings – Rate the ride based on the traveling experience and the behavior of the driver.
- Push notifications – Riders quickly get information on new app updates, offers, scheduled rides, and much more through notifications.
In Driver’s app
- Payout method – The driver can choose their default payout methods to receive their share of earnings.
- Currency and language – Drivers can choose their preferred language and currency in the app.
- Trips – The Driver can see the details of the current and past trips.
- Push notifications – The Driver can know the information about the bookings, new offers, and other details through notifications.
- Google Map Navigation – The Driver shows the direction to reach the destination.
In the end, what matters is whether an app solves the real user’s problem in an effective and practical way.
The app development doesn’t stop in the first launch. You still continue to add more features and values to keep the users engaged on the platform.
If you are an entrepreneur trying to found a Uber for bike startup, then you can approach us to build a bike taxi app using Wooberly.
Wooberly is a readymade on-demand platform that allows entrepreneurs to build their on-demand business in less time. It has all the necessary features to manage operations happening on the platform. You can get the app on the Android and iOS platforms.